Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

ABDICATION

See me walking home
With all my belongings 
packed to my bike
Walking with my head high
Like a queen returning to her throne

See me smiling at everyone
Who watches the procession
So stubborn a girl 
With a lot of passion
Who for a while was gone

See me breathing heavy
Almost breaking down
But still walking steady
Through my beloved town
Never prone to frown

Gracefully walking home
Like a queen returning to her throne

It is not that I would surrender
I'm coming back with my head high
With a judgment to render
And the hope for another try

This time
There won't be a red carpet, I know
For they don't welcome you 
With open arms
When it's you who decided to go

But maybe, there is something still there
Of our kingdom, of our estate
not only broken flowers
that wait 
in despair

Only, If you have decided
In my absence
That there is many ways
For you
To rule and raise

If you have decided
You don't need a queen
So stubborn and full of passion
Who chases her dream
And forever points her fingers 
To the signs
Of regression

Then, I will accept the calling of my heart
and pay the price
Then, I will gratefully depart
And rise

Like a queen giving up her throne
Gracefully leaving 
What was once her home

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen